Make an impact by joining the ServiceSource team where our mission is serving individuals with disabilities. Explore new opportunities! ServiceSource is an organization of talented men and women who drive innovation, embrace change, and serve humanity.
The Security Specialist II (SSII) is a journeyman level position made up of several components as follows: Workforce Support Center, Visitor Control (VC), Conference Center (CC), Escort, Registry SCIF Service, and Database Maintenance. Responsible for controlling site access, issue badges and ID cards, parking passes, and ensuring all personnel are in compliance with site security protocols and procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review.
- Operate Workforce Support Center (WSC). Capture and provide oversite for the state of employees at NGA to include, controlling and issuing Intelligence Community (IC) Badges, Common Access Cards (CAC), Keys, Hangtags, Visits, and mobility scooters. Employees will assist customers on a wide range of topics and be prepared to respond to all customer questions. Possess technical computer knowledge for issuing badges, keys, CACs, hangtags. Shall be trained and have appropriate access rights to the Security Management System (SMS).
- Complete Visitor Control tasks which include verifying clearances and authorizing personnel via the C-CURE computer system or by contact with the badging office, issue temporary badges, and assist in expediting personnel entering and exiting the facility via access control points.
- Provides access control for Conference Center and ensure only properly credentialed personnel enter the facility. Generates furniture set-up work requests (WRs) and monitor facility for cleanliness and initiates WRs for non-functioning items. Conduct daily badge inventory and report missing badges.
- Escort visitors and authorized personnel as needed. Escorting duties include ensuring the uncleared personnel to whom they are assigned are always monitored, have no exposure to classified data, have been briefed on prohibited items, and comply with security regulations. Check security badges to verify security clearances. May be assigned as an attendant at an access entry point to ensure only personnel with the proper clearance enter and exit assigned area.
- Wrap and ship classified and Top-Secret material. Receive classified and ensure it is distributed to designated addressees. Provide or coordinate Courier Service and courier cards as required.
- Provide special support such as to open and close alarmed doors, and to respond to security alarms, etc.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- May be assigned to work at either the St. Louis or Arnold campus.
- Escort duties may require evening and weekend hours. Perform pre-access brief to screen for prohibited items, sign visitors in/out of SCIF, provide visitors with safety card prior to work. Ensure visitor has no access to classified data/information.
- Provide clerical skills necessary to capture day to day activities. Performs general administrative tasks such as time sheets, leave requests, etc.
- Must be CERTIFIED as a RAPIDS/DEERS Verifying Official.
- Process Visit Access Requests (VARs), and coordinate Mobility Scooter assignments.
- Researches and submits preliminary monthly and quarterly quality reports to ensure organizational compliance with the (PWS) Performance Work Statement. Reports to be reviewed by the Security Specialist III prior to final release.
- Verify documentation for disability hang-tags requests. Provide guidance of process to customer.
- Pass annual internal Visitor Control certification exam.
- Screen and brief visitor on NGA prohibited items and ensure they sign acknowledgement forms.
- Provide excellent customer service and answer routine questions.
- Check security badges to verify the security clearance and whether an escort is required for entry.
- Meet visitor at designated location and escort them to authorized area, ensuring they have no access to classified information, and they are monitored at all times.
- Assist customers with shipping, create courier cards, conduct courier briefings, and send and receive classified faxes.
- Gather and file various forms and reports at multiple locations each month.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Certification(s)
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be certified as a Visitor Control operator.
- Must have 2-3 years security related experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license along with a good motor vehicle record (MVR) and a vehicle.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with CI polygraph.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work with people internally and externally at all levels of an organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with the ability to become familiar with corporate specific programs and software.
- Be punctual-on-time, ready to work scheduled hours.
- Excellent oral/verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to carry out work with the highest levels of accuracy
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and talk, hear answer phones, keyboarding, open and close wall dividers, arm and disarm alarms, operate combination locks and open and closing of buildings. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office .We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office http://www.servicesource.org/contact-us. We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.